Royal Automobile Club 1000 Mile Trial 2020
23rd to 26th June 2020
The Royal Automobile Club 1000 Mile Trial 2020 will start from the Marriott Hotel, Preston
The 120 year anniversary edition is promising to be something special, flowing roads, amusing Regularities, rousing Tests and quirky stopovers.
With a two night stay in Rockcliffe Hall, Darlington before we arrive at Malmaisson, Edinburgh and the Grand Finale on board the Royal Yacht Britannia, the route will take us along some of the country's greatest driving roads as well as some of the finest scenery that the roads offer.
Of course, the social element will be a big factor as we celebrate the 120th anniversary of the very first 1000 Mile Trial.
Why become a HERO Premier Member (HPM)?
One Benefit; Up to 10% discount on Entry Fees (Excludes One-Day & Training Events)
- All cars are eligible for overall awards
- Only vehicles of a type produced pre-1940 are eligible for overall awards
- The cars will be split into classes, based on age and cc
- The scoring on the Test sections is class-based so you will be scoring against other similar aged cars.
- Vehicle eligibility is defined in the HERO Standard Regulations, these are available in the event documentation section below
- The route will be designed with sympathy and consideration for the age of the vehicles competing
This event runs under the regulations of Motorsport UK
What Is Included In The Entry Fee?
- Entry to the event for a car and a crew of two people
- Accommodation, in a double or twin room (Limited single rooms are available - additional fee applies) on each night in 4* hotels, Monday 22nd through to Friday 26th June (Inclusive)
- A welcome drinks reception followed by the welcome dinner on Monday 22nd June - a true Black Tie affair
- Evening meal Tuesday 23rd through to Thursday 25th
- Celebratory drinks reception prior to the Black Tie Gala Awards Dinner Friday 26th
- Lunch en-route each day of competition (Tuesday to Friday)
- Morning Coffee each day of competition (Tuesday to Friday)
- Afternoon Tea, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
- Souvenir Road Book containing the route instructions
- End of day welcome drink - saves queuing at the bar
- Novice/reminder briefing on Monday 22nd
- Help from the most experienced team in historic rallying
- Mechanical assistance available if required during the event
- Luggage moved from hotel to hotel and placed in your room ready for your arrival
- Dinner jackets/dresses carried from the start to the finish
- Finishers Award
- Event regalia
- Extensive awards list