HERO Challenge Three | 5 October 2024
The final edition for 2023 sees us heading north of the M62 to new pastures, opening up both new test venues and roads not used before on a HERO Challenge. Based to the north of Preston we will have ample chances to use the moorland roads of Lancashire and the area of outstanding natural beauty bordering onto the Yorkshire Moors.
Day 0 - Scrutineering & Documentation - 04/10/2024
Scrutineering and Documentation will take place during Friday late afternoon / evening allowing crews time to travel.
Day 1 - Lincolnshire - 05/10/2024
Starting from Rally HQ its going to be a day of regularities and tests coupled with coffee and lunch halts before a late afternoon finish with Dinner and prize giving. Hero Challenge 3 is going to venture into some new territory using some of the best roads in Lincolnshire for the Regularities, an area more challenging than people think! We’ve also been hard at work to find some great venues for the tests as well and of course who knows what the British weather can throw at us in early October!
As with all Hero challenges the event will be a mix of straight forward regularities using tulips, jogularities and maps, and some great tests to give drivers and navigators a work out! a great end to the Series and an equally great warm up for the Rally of the Tests.
- Entry is open to cars manufactured pre-1991 or a model available pre-1991
- Only cars manufactured pre-1986 will be eligible for an overall result
- The cars will be split into classes, based on age and cc or other criteria established by the organisers
- The scoring on the Test sections is class based so you will be scoring against other similar aged cars
What is included in the Entry Fee?
- Event participation for one eligible car with a crew of two – Driver & Navigator
- Detailed Route Book & Time Cards
- Lunch and Prize Giving Buffet Dinner for each crew member along with refreshments at specific locations advised in the route book
- Awards presentation
- One souvenir rally plates to fix to front & rear of car
- Two side number panels
- Overall awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Class Awards to third in class – if there are three or more crews per class
- Special awards at organisers discretion
- HERO-ERA mechanical assist/sweep team(s) on event, to help keep crews moving
- An experienced team of HERO-ERA officials & marshals to keep the event moving and on track
- Results team and Media team keeping your family and friends, following the event, up to date
- Post event, detailed results book